March is here, and the weather has been teasing us with what spring has in store! Warmer weather and sunshine mean it’s time to break out the hotdogs roasting forks and load up the kids for a weekend camping trip to Gettysburg! The resort is transitioning from snow and ice to flower and sunshine, with the occasional shower, promising the lush green of Spring. We are optimistic that the resort will be opening in March, and that we can get back to camping soon! Our Gettysburg team has been working hard all winter long to prepare the resort for a fun filled 2022 season, and we cannot wait to see all our wonderful members on site making memories together! Checkout the information below from our incredible recreation team!
Cheers and see you all soon!
Gettysburg Battlefield Resort Manager
Greetings from GBR! Spring is getting closer, and the closer it gets, the more excited we are! We cannot wait to show you all the new changes in the Activities! First, we are so excited to announce, our department is growing! The same crew from last year, Rachel, Kelli and Liz are returning, AND we have added two new staff members! Please give a warm welcome to Samantha (aka “Sam”) Miller and Tyler Miller. Sam and Tyler are a mother-daughter team from the great state of Texas. You will see Sam quite a bit at the Pavilion, and Tyler will be splitting her time here between Activities and the Snack Bar.
Secondly, we will be adding a new service at the beginning of May. Thursdays through Saturdays, an Activities Team member will be in the Sunroom from 12pm to 4pm. We will be providing a campground concierge service for all our members and guests. What does that mean? Well, if you need recommendations for a restaurant, or need to know where you can get a bike repaired, or if you’re looking for ideas with what to do with the kids on a rainy day, come ask us! We can even help you organize a special activity at your campsite for a birthday or anniversary!
Next, bring on the food trucks! We have worked really hard to bring in a variety of food trucks this season and have arranged for one to be here most weekends. We will post each week’s truck and menu on Facebook!
Lastly, our craft shows are going to have a whole new look this year! In addition to our amazing and talented members exhibiting their crafts, we have invited some local vendors to participate as well! Each craft show will have different items, baked goods, to elderberry syrup, postcards and prints, to wood and metal crafts, and all kinds of traditional crafts!
We are so excited about our 2022 Weekend Themes! You can see them on FB and in the CampersApp! There will be weekends when members might want to plan to bring some special items or costumes to participate, so we are giving you a sneak peek!
(1) June 4th – GBR Prom ~ This year our theme is “We Go Together!” Think famous couples like Bonnie and Clyde, Johnny and June, or dress as things that go together, like peanut butter and jelly! For inspiration, curl up with some hot cocoa and popcorn and watch the movie “Never Been Kissed.”
(2) June 10th – June 12th ~ It’s our Luau Weekend, so pack your Hawaiian shirts and coconut skirts! We will be having a real Hawaiian show with authentic dancers and music!
(3) June 25th – It’s a Crazy 80’s dance, so dig out your legwarmers, bomber jackets, and fingerless gloves! We are having a DJ and light show, as well as a photo booth with props! Members will be able to get unlimited prints of their pictures at the dance!
(4) August 19th – August 21st ~ Country Fair Weekend – Bring your crafts and baked goods to enter in the GBR Fair. You could win a blue ribbon! Then we have a big concert with Chris Woodward and Shindiggin’!
(5) September 23rd – 25th ~ It’s our Superheroes Fight Cancer Weekend! Dress in your favorite superhero costume to honor a loved one’s fight against cancer!
And just a reminder – our Craft Shows will continue to be on the 4th Saturday of every month beginning in April and ending in October. Then we will have a Christmas Bazaar December 3rd! All tables are free!
How do you get the most out of your #travel experiences? We are talking about it in our monthly newsletter. TRAVEL RESORTS OF AMERICA is a monthly newsletter focused on enriching your life and helping you create the best memories possible while on vacation.